Paul A. Beck
Director and Shareholder
Special Master for Federal District courts in patent litigation in Markman Hearings and decided motions for summary judgment on validity, infringement and inequitable conduct
Mediator in trademark and patent litigation
Arbitrator in licensing litigation
Expert Witness in patent and trademark litigation
Lead Counsel for patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets and covenants not-to-compete in both jury and bench trials in Federal Courts, state court trials, trials before the International Trade Commission and with European patent matters at The Hague, Netherlands.
Over 35 years of patent, trademark and copyright prosecution experience.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third, Fourth, Seventh and Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for The Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (President 1989–1990)
- American Inns of Court, Pittsburgh Chapter, 1997–2000
- Duquesne Law School Alumni Association (President 1999–2000)
Honors and Awards:
- Named as the “Pittsburgh Best Lawyers Patent Law Lawyer of the Year for 2012”
- Listed under Intellectual Property Law in The Best Lawyers in America 1997-Present
- Listed under Intellectual Property Law in Chambers USA’s “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business”
- Listed under Intellectual Property Law in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Duquesne University Law School, LL.B.
- Carnegie-Mellon University, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- Captain U.S. Army
* An attorney’s record of success in acquiring patents is no guarantee of success in any future applications.